Well folks, the bags are packed (almost), passports are laying out, Stinker & Frodo (dog & cat) are just about ready to get dropped off...etc etc.
I can't believe this day is finally here. I feel both excited, grateful, & scared at once. It's still hard to accept that in 30-something hours I will be on a whole 'nother continent for the first time in my life. Just nuts. One of the parts I was not expecting was having to pack "business casual" attire to wear while we work in the village / orphanage. I thought we were going to be dressed jeans and tee-shirts. It just felt awkward putting dress shoes in the suitcase when I know I'm going to a country where people live on less than a dollar a day. I'll have to reflect on how that all fits when I get there I guess.
There are a few specific things I'd really appreciate your prayers for...
-that Amber and I stay connected throughout the trip (we may be split up at night due to lack of space so girls w/ girls, guys w/ guys).
-for us to stay connected w/ God
-for us to take care of ourselves while we're there so we actually have something to give to the people we're striving to serve
This will most likely be my last post for a while as I'm not sure if we will have internet there, but I will be keeping that diary to share so stop back by.
To living fully alive.
~jc
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment