I'm finally sitting down to fully read (actually it's just read, as in, for the first time...I said, "fully" cause it sounds better, like I've already done some of my homework) my http://www.cotni.org Venture Team Manual, and I came across a core value I love. It's actually numero uno on the list:
"...We are not there to be the American fix; rather we come along to encourage, assist, and empower the national staff... At COTN we challenge people to remember that we are human beings, not human doings. We are more interested in having you "be" with our people than getting something accomplished."
I feel grateful and more confident knowing that I'm heading off into the unknown with an organization who puts something like being vs. doing at the top of their list of values. This is really a huge reason I have wanted to go on this trip, and only today see that my desire coincides with COTN's for me. Pretty cool. There's a lady I know who'd probably say something about a "God deal" right about now.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment